Details Trademark Registration Australia
Trademark Registration Prosecution
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Australia. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Australia, submission of the trademark application in Australia and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Australia includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Australia without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Australia includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Australia (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Australia and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Australia which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Australia for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Australia we send you the certificate.
Country specific trademark law
I. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 8 - 24 months, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification
- multi-class applications allowed
- opposition period is 2 months from the date of publication of the trademark application
IV. Use requirements
- trademark may be subject to cancellation if not properly used for 3 consecutive years, however, such application for cancellation cannot be lodged within the first five years following the filing date of the trademark
V. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of application
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period: 6 months from the expiration date of the mark
- additional fees to be paid for late renewal