Details Trademark Registration Chile
Trademark Registration Prosecution
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Chile. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Chile, submission of the trademark application in Chile and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Chile includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Chile without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Chile includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Chile (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Chile and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Chile which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Chile for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Chile we send you the certificate.
Country specific trademark law
I. Required documents
II. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 6 - 8 months, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification used as a general guide with country-specific features
- multi-class applications allowed
- opposition period is 30 working days from the date of publication of the trademark application
V. Use requirements
- no use requirements to be obeyed
VI. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of registration
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period: renewal to be required within 30 days from the expiration date, payment may be effected within 6 months from the expiration date
- additional fees to be paid for late renewal