Details Trademark Registration Iraq
Trademark Registration Prosecution
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Irak. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Irak, submission of the trademark application in Irak and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Irak includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Irak without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Irak includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Irak (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Irak and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Irak which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Irak for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Irak we send you the certificate.
Country Specific Trademark Law
- a power of attorney duly notarized and legalized up to the Consulate of Iraq.
- processing time from first filing to registration is approx. 18-24 months.
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- coexistence agreements with owners of prior trademarks are accepted
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification, local classification with subclasses
- the service classes 35 to 42 were included in the classification system by the administrative decision of the Trademark Office No 1520 dated April 29th, 2001. Beer, ale and port in class 32, alcoholic goods in class 33 and pork meat in class 29 are not registrable.
- multiple classes per trademark allowed
- opposition period is 90 days from the date of the publication of the application in the official gazette
- to avoid being attacked on the ground of non-use, a trademark must be used within the following period of time: three years from the registration date.
- proof of use is not required prior to the issuance of a registration or the issuance of a notice of allowance/acceptance.
- 10 years from date of application
- trademarks filed or registered before April 26th, 2004, will remain valid according to the old law for 15 years, but are renewable for further terms of 10 years.
- renewable for periods of 10 years from filing date
- grace period 6 months
- required: simply signed power of attorney