Details Trademark Registration Macau
Trademark Registration Prosecution
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Macau. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Macau, submission of the trademark application in Macau and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Macau includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Macau without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Macau includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Macau (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Macau and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Macau which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Macau for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Macau we send you the certificate.
Country specific trademark law
I. Required documents
- signed and notarized PoA required
II. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 6 - 8 months, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- order of process is: formal examination, publication for opposition, substantial examination (including re. oppositions), publication of notice of granting / of refusal, appeal period, registration
- Nice Classification
- no multi-class applications allowed
- opposition period is 2 months from the date of the first publication of the trademark application
VI. Use requirements
- trademark has to be used within 3 years from the date of registration
- trademark may be subject to cancellation if not properly used for 3 consecutive years
VII. Duration Period
- 7 years from date of registration
- renewable for periods of 7 years
- grace period: 6 months from the expiration date of the mark
- additional administration fee to be paid for late renewal