Details Trademark Registration Qatar
Trademark Registration Prosecution
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Qatar. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Qatar, submission of the trademark application in Qatar and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Qatar includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Qatar without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Qatar includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Qatar (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Qatar and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Qatar which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Qatar for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Qatar we send you the certificate.
Country Specific Trademark Law
I. Required Documents
- simply signed power of attorney
- if the applicant is an individual, then a certificate of professional practice is also required. Where the applicant is a legal entity, then the application must also be accompanied by a simple copy of the business's certificate of incorporation, or other commercial document reflecting details of trade mark applicant.
II. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is approx. 18 months
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- coexistence agreements with owners of prior trademarks are accepted
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification
- only one class per trademark allowed
- opposition period is four months from the date of the publication of the application in the official gazette
V. Use Requirements
- to avoid being attacked on the ground of non-use, a trademark must be used within the following period of time: The Trade Mark Law provides that a trademark may be removed from the register if it has not been used by the proprietor or a licensee in a period of five consecutive years, without specifying the date of commencement of the relevant period. However, the law does indicate that rights granted by registration are retrospective to the filing date, which has been construed to indicate that the non-use grace period is counted from the filing date of the application
- proof of use is not required prior to the issuance of a registration or the issuance of a notice of allowance/acceptance.
VI. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of application
- renewable for periods of 10 years from filing date
- grace period 6 months
- required: simply signed power of attorney