We register your trademark with the Patent and Trademark Office of South Africa. The price includes our lawyer’s fees as well as all official fees for the registration and implementation of the trademark without opposition.
Details Trademark Registration South Africa
Trademark Registration Prosecution
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in South Africa. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in South Africa, submission of the trademark application in South Africa and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in South Africa includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in South Africa without opposition.
The trademark registration order for South Africa includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in South Africa (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in South Africa and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in South Africa which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for South Africa for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in South Africa we send you the certificate.
Country Specific Trademark Law
- PoA (no notarization/legalization required)
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 18 - 24 months, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification
- no multi-class applications allowed
- opposition period is 3 months from the date of publication of the trademark application
- extension of the opposition period may be granted for 3-months each
- trademark has to be used within 5 years from the date of grant of registration
- trademark may be subject to cancellation if not properly used for 5 consecutive years
- 10 years from date of application
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period: 6 months from the expiration date of the mark