Details Trademark Registration South Korea
Trademark Registration Prosecution
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in South Korea. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in South Korea, submission of the trademark application in South Korea and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in South Korea includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in South Korea without opposition.
The trademark registration order for South Korea includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in South Korea (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in South Korea and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in South Korea which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for South Korea for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in South Korea we send you the certificate.
Country specific trademark law
I. Required documents
II. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 9 - 12 months, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification, partly amended
- multi-class applications allowed
- opposition period is 2 months from the date of publication of the trademark application
V. Use requirements
- trademark has to be used within 3 years from the date of registration
- trademark may be subject to cancellation if not properly used for 3 consecutive years
VI. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of registration
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period: 6 months from the expiration date of the mark
- extra official fees to be paid for late renewal