We will process your trademark registration in United Arab Emirates.
The price includes our professional fees as well as the trademark office fees for the registration and publication of the trademark without opposition.
Details Trademark Registration United Arab Emirates
Trademark Registration Prosecution
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in United Arab Emirates. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in United Arab Emirates, submission of the trademark application in United Arab Emirates and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in United Arab Emirates includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in United Arab Emirates without opposition.
The trademark registration order for United Arab Emirates includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in United Arab Emirates (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in United Arab Emirates and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in United Arab Emirates which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for United Arab Emirates for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in United Arab Emirates we send you the certificate.
Country Specific Trademark Law
I. Required Documents
- original Power of Attorney duly notarized and legalized up to the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs or UAE consulate
II. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is approx. 6 to 9 months.
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- coexistence agreements with owners of prior trademarks are accepted
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification
- only one class per trademark allowed
- not possible to secure registration in Class 33 or alcohol-related products or services in other classes and areas which may be seen as contrary to public policy, such as pork products or gambling-related services may also attract objections
- opposition period is 30 days from the date of the last publication since a trademark application is published in the Trademarks Journal and two local newspapers in accordance with the Federal Trademark Law
V. Use Requirements
- If the trademark has not been used within 5 years from registration, it may be subject to cancellation.
- Proof of use is not required prior to the issuance of a registration or the issuance of a notice of allowance/acceptance.
VI. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of application
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period 3 months